Thursday, October 9, 2014

Whats in your blender today?

I was thinking about what smoothie I was going to have today. 

I chose:
8 oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 banana
6 strawberries
6 leaves of basil
handful of spinach (enough to make it green but not too green)

Optional:  Chia seeds soaked for about 5 minutes in water.  

It was delish.  Not sure of the calories, but estimate about 150.

I don't have one of those new powerful blender.  The blender I use was bought in 1981 when I moved to Lake Placid.  It still works great.  The base is a bit scratched but it BLENDS and that is what it is supposed to do. Right? 

I looked for a long time in the grocery store for the Chia seeds and could not find them.  Finally found them in Nori's in Saranac Lake.  Should have looked there first.  Not I know for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment